About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes have been named a Top Workplace by Philly.com. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
The Institutes are committed to providing customer-first innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. We have an excellent opportunity for a Payroll Manager, who will extend our customer-first mentality to internal customers. As the administrator for payroll and the retirement plan, we are seeking a detail oriented individual contributor with a strong payroll background and critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate will be innovative, driven and solution oriented. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our culture-driven and collaborative team, we would love to meet you!
- Manages multi-state semi-monthly payroll for over 220 employees including, processing reports and time and labor administration.
- Maintains and updates human resources and payroll data and records in HRIS and payroll software.
- Administers retirement plans including contributions, match, employee education and communication; form 5500 filings; audit – prep, facilitation and management; responding to inquiries from employees and plan Trustees; transmittal of loans, contributions and match; and monitoring compliance.
- Processes employee payroll changes, quarterly tax verifications and sets up employee deductions.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves payroll and retirement plan related problems or questions.
- Audits time and attendance records for integrity.
- Performs year-end responsibilities including W-2 verification, close out of year-end payroll and set up of new year payroll.
- Reviews applicable federal, state and local regulations and works with regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- 3+ years payroll or other related experience required
- 401(k) administration and audit experience preferred
- Computer skills including HRIS/Payroll, MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!