FT Kitchen Assistant
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for 2022, for the seventh time.
The Institutes are seeking an energetic candidate to join our team as a Kitchen Assistant. The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the preparation of cooked foods in support of our cafeteria operation that serves our staff and guest of The Institutes. This role will work M-F from 7AM to 2:30PM and will receive vacation, personal time, and paid holidays off. The Kitchen Assistant will be eligible for full benefits- including a 401K matching up to 16%. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, time management skills, and organizational skills. The Kitchen Assistant will also act as the primary culinary in the absence of the Chef Manager. If you are confident that you would be a good fit, we would love to meet you!
- Work with Chef Manager to coordinate and carry out the preparation of all meals (i.e Breakfast, Lunch, and Special Events.
- Participate in the cleaning and sanitizing of all kitchen work surfaces.
- Record daily meal counts and report them to the Chef Manager
- Maintain refrigeration/freezer inventory and rotation of product
- Manage meal process and procedures in the Chef Manager’s absence
- Responsible for special event set-up and breakdown
- Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Chef Manager at their discretion
Special Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Exemplary attendance (7:00am arrival, 2:30pm dismissal)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Able to stand on feet for entirety of shift
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one year of cooking experience in a position of responsibility such as prep cook, line cook, or Sous chef.
- Ability to communicate and listen and execute effectively
- Strong customer service attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required
- Active ServSafe Certification Required (renewal costs covered by The Institutes)
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage