Senior Research Analyst
About The Institutes and the Insurance Information Institute
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Founded in 1960, the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I) provides objective, fact-based information about insurance while also being a trusted source of unique, data-driven insights which inform and empower consumers. Triple-I strives for people to have the information they need to make educated decisions, manage risk, and appreciate the essential value of insurance. More than 60 insurance company members support Triple-I, including nine of the 10 largest writers of property/casualty insurance in the United States. Its focus is to create and to disseminate information; and it neither lobbies on behalf of the insurance industry sell insurance directly.
Senior Research Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated, data-driven and analytical individual to join the Triple-I team as a Senior Research Analyst. You’ll play an integral role in conducting original qualitative and quantitative research as well as analyzing insurance, economic and financial data to benefit the insurance industry. If you are passionate about data analytics and communicating findings in an engaging way, we would love to meet you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyze insurance, economic and financial data to generate original research to benefit the insurance industry, Triple-I members, and consumers
- Perform analysis by processing data using best practices in data governance
- Communicate data excellence and insights via traditional reporting products and data visualization tools
- Contribute to the production of key Triple-I products, including white papers, blogs, presentations, and web content
- Responsible for writing blog posts that align with the insurance and risk management industries and increase the public's understanding of insurance
- Use primary and secondary research to respond to inquiries from members, staff, academics, consumers and others
- Works closely with other Triple-I departments to identify, define, and support research needs and objectives
- Assist in the acquisition, preparation, analysis, and presentation of insurance, economic and financial data
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Member of the Casualty Actuarial Society or graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field preferred.
- 5 + years of work experience in data analytics for the insurance industry strongly preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of experience conducting research and writing articles or reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience with programming languages required (SAS, R, SQL/VBA, Python).
- Prior experience and/or working knowledge of the risk management or insurance industry.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage