Human Resources Generalist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Human Resources Generalist
The Institutes are committed to providing customer-first innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. We have an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist, who will extend our customer-first mentality to internal customers. As the primary point of contact for partner departments, we are seeking a highly motivated and technology-driven individual with a strong human resources background. The ideal candidate will be innovative, solution-oriented, and possess exceptional decision making skills. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we would love to meet you!
- Partner with assigned departments, building collaborative relationships and providing proactive, customer-first service to ensure HR practices that support business goals and objectives.
- Oversee payroll process and partner with third party payroll management firm. Responsible for data integrity within HRIS, manage effective payroll practices, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues and organizational challenges.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate organizational and Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. Provides policy guidance and interpretation.
- Guides employees and supervisors to effectively utilize the performance management system, including a focus on areas such as: proper documentation of performance, assessment, calibration, and professional development plans. Ensures complete management compliance with process, procedures, practices, and timeframes. Ensures objectives are strategically aligned with organizational goals. Provide guidance to management on coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions.
- Handles recruitment process for assigned departments, including: maintaining applicant tracking, advertising for job openings; scheduling, screening and interviewing job applicants; administering background & reference checks.
- Supports and actively participates in HR team strategic initiatives, includes projects related to employee experience, benefits and compensation, organizational design, talent acquisition, development and management, and compliance.
- Supports and suggests improvements to HR practices to improve engagement, morale and productivity.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years of Human Resources, payroll and/or recruitment experience required.
- Experience using HRIS platforms, such as UKG (Ultipro), Paycom, BambooHR, ADP, etc.
- Working knowledge of employment and benefits law and government regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- PHR/SPHR or CP/S-CP designation preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, with strong organization and prioritization skills.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path
Role is remote currently and for the near future. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA on a regular basis.