Senior Program Manager
About CPCU Society and The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
The CPCU Society, an affiliate of The Institutes, is an international membership association supporting risk management and insurance professionals. The CPCU Society provides members with networking and knowledge opportunities that individuals need to get ahead and achieve their goals.
Senior Program Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Program Manager to drive and execute the CPCU Society’s content strategy including program development, delivery and administration of all Society in-person events, podcasts, workshops, webinars and the quarterly magazine. Focused on providing member value and engagement, we are seeking a highly motivated and technology-driven individual with a strong background in project management and developing education programming. The ideal candidate will be innovative, solution-oriented, and possess exceptional decision making skills. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we would love to meet you!
- Lead and direct efforts in the identification, design and execution of learning portfolio for the Society.
- Develop educational content with collaboration from key stakeholders, volunteers and internal teams for delivery via a variety of formats (events, webinars, and podcasts).
- Serve as staff liaison to the Publications Committee and manage Insights, the Society’s quarterly magazine.
- Develop and manage timelines, process documents and other effective organizational tactics to ensure deadlines are met.
- Responsible for developing and implementing all phases of In2Risk session submission process including: developing the submission site, coordinating the review process with volunteers, working with the program committee on final selections, submission notification and scheduling.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the online content library. Ensure all content is delivered and available for members.
- Critically evaluate current programs make recommendations for change as needed. Explore and implement new innovative and creative delivery methods for education and networking, both virtually and in-person.
- Recommend strategies to leverage program, event, and website content into extended learning opportunities for new and existing audiences.
- Support marketing/communications team to develop marketing plans and communication that provide visibility and ensure success of programs and events.
- Curate content based on career levels, special interests and member type.
- Create and maintain a speaker/SME database.
- Supervise program coordinator.
- Extend Society visibility and reach through collaboration and partnerships with other industry organizations and Institutes affiliates.
- Keep abreast of learning, education and networking trends both across the insurance industry and the association world.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- 5-7 years program/education/professional development experience preferably in an association environment.
- Experience developing educational programming from ideation to execution.
- Experience working with volunteers and committees.
- Strong program/project management and organizational skills.
- Experience using database, online learning tools and digital platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- CAE preferred
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path
Role is remote currently and for the near future. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA on a regular basis.