VP of Member Experience
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
Established in 2007 and a member of The Institutes since 2018, the CLM is the largest membership-based organization dedicated to meeting the professional development and networking needs of claims and litigation management professionals in the property and casualty insurance industry. With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Vice President of Member Experience
We have an exciting opportunity to join the CLM Leadership Team as the Vice President of Member Experience. In this role, you’ll drive membership growth and engagement, through the development and programming of content and positive experiences of CLM members who participate in the Company’s offerings for education and/or networking. If you’re a strategic thinker seeking to lead a fast-paced, collaborative team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll do:
- Lead the development and oversee the execution of innovative member growth and engagement strategies across CLM.
- In alignment with the organization’s mission and values, direct the development of conferences, webinars and other events.
- Working with the Business Operations Analyst, develop, monitor and report on metrics for assessing the effectiveness of CLM’s member recruitment, engagement, programs and activities, as well as customer satisfaction and other experience analytics.
- In alignment with the organizations’ mission and values, direct the development of customer service processes designed to support CLM’s organizational goals related to enhancing member experience and delivering value.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery to members’ satisfaction. Set performance standards to meet service goals of company. This includes compliance-related activities such as CE/CLE accreditation and filing, expansion of UCC and Tracker.
- Maintain awareness of relevant industry trends, issues and developments.
- Cultivate a positive workplace environment through effective leadership, relationships and empowerment of employees.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Non-Profit Management or related field required.
- 10 or more years’ experience in member expansion, engagement and programming with an association or other not-for-profit.
- Proven experience in leading and managing and developing member-facing teams required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong executive presence. Proven ability of managing programs that reach a variety of audiences using multiple communication platforms. Solid experience driving business objectives, developing association products and offerings, with a clear member-centric approach.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Must be a collaborative leader who works well and builds trust with peers, senior executives and staff.
- Experience in the insurance and/or claims/litigation management/legal industries is a plus.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage