Executive Director, CPCU Society
About CPCU Society and The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and insurance education for more than 100 years. The Institutes are known for various brands and designations, including the CPCU Society and the prestigious CPCU designation. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
The CPCU Society, an affiliate of The Institutes, is an international membership association supporting risk management and insurance professionals. The CPCU Society provides members with networking and knowledge opportunities that individuals need to get ahead and achieve their goals.
Executive Director, CPCU Society
We have an excellent opportunity for the Executive Director to lead the 18,000-member association during an exciting time of innovation and transformation. This role will be responsible for overseeing business transformation, leading a small, nimble operation to promote and foster diversity and inclusion, instill a culture of member service, and position the Society as the leading membership for risk management and insurance professionals through innovative and cutting-edge offerings.
The ideal candidate will be a professional with a membership-driven mindset, who consistently demonstrates entrepreneurial business skills. The Executive Direction will have a keen ability to translate both short and long-term plans into action and success. By joining CPCU Society, you will benefit by being a part of a collaborative team and brand that is ready to take the CPCU Society to the next level. If you are ready to be key in building a legacy for an incredible organization, we would love to meet you!
- Champions, leads and represents the CPCU Society in executing goals in alignment with the organization’s strategic initiatives, vision, values and business model, and in partnership with the Board of Directors and Leadership Council.
- Develops the strategy, business plans, forecasting, budgeting, policies, practices and processes within The Institutes corporate framework.
- Develops and oversees membership engagement models that respond to their needs, and promotes membership growth. Lead innovative initiatives, developing membership value that considers the Society as a leading organization.
- Through effective market connection and leveraging data, understand the key market trends and issues, then translate those into effective actions to ensure opportunities are seized and risks are mitigated.
- Oversees the strategic marketing plan including product development, price setting, promotion, and membership retention/engagement/promotion through all channels.
- Leads and handles the financial planning. Is responsible for the solvency of the enterprise, developing short- and long-term financial plans in support of a healthy organization for the long-term viability. Drive revenue through increased membership, sponsorship and other innovative products and services.
- Aligns roles, competencies and organization structure to support of the strategy and goals.
- Develops deep relationships with the membership base including volunteers, chapters, interest groups and the Leadership Council.
- Coordinates activities with CPCU Society Leadership Council to ensure the long-term success of the CPCU Society.
- Oversees the Society events, including content, key messaging, and speakers
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years association management experience as a key decision maker and/or executive leadership role.
- Experience leading an organization during a turnaround period.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strategic thinker who can see the big picture and motivate stakeholders to a common vision
- Insurance or CPCU designation a plus.
- Change Management skills and experience required.
- A background which demonstrates the execution of strategic objectives and the monitoring of such goals using KPIs and/or or similar metrics
- A high level of business and financial acumen along with experience in continuous process improvement and innovation.
- Proven experience meeting key financial objectives, understanding and handling of budgeting and long-term financial forecast.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern - free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25 mile-long walking path!
The role is remote currently, and for the near future.