Director of Knowledge Delivery
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Director of Knowledge Delivery
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Knowledge Delivery to manage all aspects of CLM educational programing strategy, development, and delivery. In this role, you’ll create the strategic vision for education based on market research findings, thought leadership research, customer and community inputs, and market trends. The role requires a high standard of creativity and innovation in the learning and development area of expertise to grow the line of business. If you’re a strategic thinking who is passionate about educational programming, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure quality of content in regard to alignment and relevance for target stakeholder groups. Recommend strategies to leverage program, web, and/or event content into extended opportunities for new and existing audiences.
- Deliver high value learning and networking experiences for key stakeholders to increase engagement and member retention. Continually evaluate programs and make recommendations for change as needed.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine the appropriate learning experience delivery modality.
- Own the strategic direction and execution of live events, from concept to post event surveys to leverage learnings. Oversee the negotiations of venue contracts, F&B, and DMC and manage room attrition as well as coordination of support personnel for live events.
- Directs and develops staff to achieve organizational goals through effective, independent and interdependent contribution.
- Set KPIs and lead data-driven efforts to achieve departmental goals.
- Develop and maintain master calendar of learning programs
- Manage event budgets, quarterly forecasts.
- In collaboration with the VP of Member Experience, develop and manage departmental goals (and corresponding budget items) including ongoing review of progress and prioritization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience in educational programming and delivery
- Demonstrated expertise in Learning and Development. Experience building, developing, and deploying content required.
- Proven experience in leading and managing staff required.
- Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM), Virtual Event Meeting Management (VEMM) or other related designation preferred.
- Experience in a membership organization or other not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Prior experience and/or working knowledge of the risk management or insurance industry preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook) and general office technology.
- CVENT, Event Management and Hospitality Solution software experience preferred.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage