About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes has been named a Top Workplace by Philly.com. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Research Analyst, Insurance Research Council
As the industry’s trusted knowledge leader, The Institutes operates a vibrant business offering a wide range of professional development solutions that support risk management and property casualty insurance professionals throughout their careers. As an affiliate of The Institutes, the Insurance Research Council (IRC) is an independent, nonprofit research organization that provides timely and research, examining important public policy matters that affect insurers, customers and the general public. We are seeking a motivated and analytical individual to join the IRC team as Research Analyst. The Research Analyst will be responsible for updating and maintaining research databases, assisting research staff on assignments and analyzing data. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our culture-driven environment, we would love to meet you!
- Update and maintain IRC research databases
- Assist IRC research staff on specific research assignments
- Analyze data in order to answer specific research questions
- Conduct literature searches on assigned insurance topics and prepare summaries of results
- Assist in maintenance of IRC website
- Proofread draft IRC reports and other documents, as assigned
- Manage IRC report distribution
- Assist in managing IRC relationships with external research consultants
Education and Experience
- College degree required, graduate degree in Statistics, Finance or Economics preferred
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, or similar statistical software preferred
- One to three years’ work experience preferred, insurance industry a plus
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!