Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
As the industry’s trusted knowledge leader, we operate a vibrant business with over 300,000 customers, offering a wide range of professional development solutions that support risk management and property casualty insurance professionals throughout their careers. With our continued focus on putting the customer first, we have an exciting opportunity for an energetic team leader to join our Finance Team as the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. We operate in a multi-company environment and are looking for someone to partner with and provide financial leadership to our subsidiaries and affiliates; including variance analysis, forecasting and budgeting, and inter-company accounting. At The Institutes, we strive to reflect our cultural values in all of our efforts. If you are confident that you’d be a good fit for our culture-driven team, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Frequently communicate with the finance leader of each business unit
- Train business unit finance leaders on finance tools
- Develop useful reports for each business unit
- Develop corporate reporting for each business unit, including monthly trend charts, etc.
- Identify key variances within business unit results, and communicate analyses to leadership
- Forecast/budget 3-year plans for each business unit
- Develop profitability/costing models
- Identify business trends
- Review monthly business unit results, and work with Senior Accounting Manager to ensure accuracy and proper visibility of financial results
- Complete M&A and due diligence tasks as required for new acquisitions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA, CFA, or MBA designation or work towards the designation preferred
- 6+ years or progressive accounting and/or financial planning and analysis experience
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center