Senior Research Writer
About The Institutes and the Insurance Information Institute
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Founded in 1960, the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I) provides objective, fact-based information about insurance while also being a trusted source of unique, data-driven insights which inform and empower consumers. More than 60 insurance company members support Triple-I, including nine of the 10 largest writers of property/casualty insurance in the United States. Its focus is to create and to disseminate information; and it neither lobbies on behalf of the insurance industry sell insurance directly.
Senior Research Writer, Insurance Information Institute
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Triple-I team as a Senior Research Writer. In this role, you’ll conduct research and create content as well as edit content produced by the Research and Education department. If you’re are confident that you will be a good fit for our culture-driven environment, we would love to meet you!
What you’ll do:
- Use primary and secondary research to deliver insights in the form of articles, papers, presentations, and blog posts to increase the understanding of insurance across Triple-I’s customers (e.g., member companies, consumers, and media)
- Write and edit research content for the Triple-I website and distribution to Triple-I customers.
- Serve in advisory capacity on Triple-I website, usage metrics and search engine optimization insights to ensure research content is optimally integrated into Triple-I’s digital footprint.
- Collaborate across Research & Education, Communications, and other functional areas to ensure that members’ research needs are met.
- All other research, print, and digital writing/editing/copyediting duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a writing or editing role required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting qualitative or quantitative research required.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry strongly preferred.
- Experience operating under tight deadlines.
- Strong technical editorial skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess an understanding of CMS and digital content delivery systems (e.g., Drupal, WordPress); familiarity with Mailchimp.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Our Malvern, PA location features free lunch when working on campus, a beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path, and free on-site fitness center!