About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
The Institutes are committed to providing innovative and scalable solutions that best empower the business to offer a wide range of professional development services. We have an excellent opportunity for a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to provide direction and expertise, producing testing solutions in an ever changing world of technology. The ideal candidate needs to be able to provide QA leadership and guidance on the Applications Development team, create more robust automated testing solutions and provide subject matter expertise while working in a collaborative and team oriented environment. If you are confident that you will be a good fit to lead QA initiatives at our organization, we would love to meet you!
- Provide QA technical leadership and direction of the QA team by leading testing efforts across sprint teams at The Institutes.
- Responsible for providing direction and maintenance of automation frameworks and scripts for internal and external enterprise applications.
- Assist QA team members in creating project test plans by meeting with product owners / business analysts prior to project kick-off. Review technical requirements with QA team members, functional and design specifications.
- Collaborate with QA testers to adopt a wide range of testing techniques.
- Create better and more robust automated testing solutions. Serve as a subject matter expert by realizing a maintainable test automation solution, ensuring test scripts adhere to coding standards.
- Develop regression testing suite across applications.
- As Senior QA Architect, work closely with and mentor other QA team members. We are very much a team at The Institutes and this role necessitates a collaborative attitude.
- Continue to stay current by identifying, researching and exploring industry-standard QA strategies, toolsets and other recommended best practices.
- Be an advocate of quality assurance and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- College Degree Required.
- Minimum five year’s working in Quality Assurance or related experience.
- Two years’ experience in a QA leadership role.
- Experience working in agile development environment required.
- Experience in test development and test automation required.
- Demonstrated experience on a team developing and implementing automated testing solutions within an organization is required.
- Proven understanding and experience developing and running automated testing projects.
- Ability to work in MS-Windows & Linux environments.
- Experience in working with popular platforms/frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, SoapUI, JMeter, Grinder a plus.
- Project leadership experience a plus.
- Experience with PL/SQL a plus
- Experience testing web services (APIs) and websites preferred
- Experience testing for accessibility compliance a plus
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern - free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25 mile-long walking path!
The role is remote currently, and for the near future.