Chapter Engagement Coordinator
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Chapter Engagement Coordinator
We have an exciting opportunity for a customer-focused and collaborative candidate to join our CLM team as the Chapter Engagement Chapter Engagement Coordinator. In this role you will develop strong member and sponsor relationships to effectively drive chapter initiatives. You’ll strategically support partners within all levels of chapter leadership to deliver educational and networking programs that support the CLM strategy.you’re confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- As the primary member contact for local chapters, provides appropriate focus on customer service and building strong relationships with local, regional and national local chapter leaders and their sponsors.
- Manages all aspects of chapter event planning including but not limited to venue contracts, submission of CE and CLE for educational offerings, coordination of sponsorships, course completion certificates, accounts payable and invoice tracking and issuing vendor payments. And expense allocation to chapters.
- Evaluates course outlines and handouts to verify that they meet company and regulatory guidelines.
- Provides valuable bi-directional input and feedback between CLM and chapters regarding chapter offerings.
- Partners with chapters to ensure the successful execution of local market strategies and application of appropriate processes and policies to plan and deliver local chapter events.
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with volunteers, sponsors, and other partners to expand CLM’s market presence.
- Reviews and refreshes Chapter Guidelines and CLM website as needed.
- Facilitates execution of CLM’s chapter strategy.
- Collaborates with chapters to deliver value and satisfaction at all levels.
- Ensures that all chapter leadership roles are filled and work with stakeholders to develop succession plans to rotate and refresh leadership.
- Partners with Marketing team to promote chapter events
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associates Degree or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to Five years’ experience in a professional office environment, preferably experience working with internal and external groups.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge required.
- Experience with chapter or community management a plus.
- Must possess above average level of proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Internet research; and general office technology. Ability to learn and master proprietary system.
- Event planning experience with budget management responsibility is strongly preferred
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage