Customer Success Specialist
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Customer Success Specialist
As the industry’s trusted knowledge leader, we operate a vibrant business with over 300,000 customers, offering a wide range of professional development solutions that support risk management and property casualty insurance professionals throughout their careers. With our continued focus on putting the customer first, The Institutes is seeking an energetic team player to join our Customer Success Team. The Customer Success Specialist is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of inquiries and transactions that help our customers reach their professional development goals. Phone, email, live chat, and systems are the tools of our trade! At The Institutes, we strive to reflect our five cultural values in all of our efforts. If you’re confident that you’d be a good fit for our culture-driven team, we’d love to meet you!
This position is 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 10:15AM – 6:00PM EST.
The role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Remain available to incoming CS queue calls, email and chats according to the departmental schedule.
- Support outreach campaigns focused on cross selling to existing Institutes’ customer base.
- Read and understand all products and services relevant to The Institutes. Keep current with Institute changes and developments. Demonstrate good understanding of departmental policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Work with management to solve problems and support the less experienced team members.
- Handle specialized duties to support customer needs that go above and beyond the normal customer requests.
- Make suggested improvements to processes, systems, and workflow.
- Handle telephone, email, chat, SMS, (all customer contact), accurately, thoroughly, and in a professional and timely manner. Respond as directed to student/customer questions regarding Institute courses, study materials, exam registrations, dates, fees, grade history, state continuing education certificates, transcripts, copies of grade reports, and all other customer inquiries.
- Proactively promote and encourage the purchase of Institutes supplemental products and services during interactions with customers via all customer contact methods.
- Maintain accurate student/customer records in the database.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or higher.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, marketing, sales, account management, or customer success preferred
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Completion of an Institute designation program preferred.
- Insurance industry experience helpful.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!