Technical Operations Analyst
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Technical Operations Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity to join our RiskStream Collaborative team! We’re seeking an innovative thinker with a passion for project management to assist in working with legal counsel to draft SOWs (Statements of Work) and other business contracts as well as collaborating with RiskStream staff to ensure contracts are fulfilled. You’ll have some oversight for aligning security initiatives within RiskStream’s business objectives as well as work with vendors to ensure that information assets and technologies are adequately protected. Lastly, you’ll act as a business analyst and work as a liaison between technical partners and the goals of RiskStream stakeholders. If you’re eager to join a collaborative and innovative team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll do:
- In conjunction with RiskStream staff, monitor Canopy technical features, provide related insight for design and build blockchain solutions for the risk and insurance industry.
- Assist Product Directors by providing analyses of model, process and method, assist with product requirements where appropriate.
- Working with technical partners and RiskStream managers, assist in managing technical aspects of multiple projects concurrently from conception to completion and post-completion.
- Assist technical partners, research security questions and work with RiskStream leadership to ensure Canopy and related applications are backed by a secure architecture, have adequate security services, first-class business continuity and resilience and comply with data regulatory compliance controls.
- Identify, resolve, and communicate any technical and security issues to all necessary teams, both internal and external.
- Support RiskStream leadership and The Institutes Legal Counsel in assessing, drafting, and managing the department’s legal contracts and documentation.
- In conjunction with RiskStream’s leadership and management, oversee the execution of RiskStream’s Business Network Operations (BNO) framework and support oversight of the networks operational service and support SLAs.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading multiple IT-related or security-related projects in a fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of Blockchain technology required.
- Basic understanding of technical security practices and willingness to learn required.
- Experience managing a variety of business, IT, and vendor resources preferred.
- Strong leadership experience and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to think strategically, create partnerships with service providers and other insurance organizations, lead diverse teams, and drive results is a must.
- Experience/knowledge working with Agile software development process preferred.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25-mile walking path!