Intern: Product, Intelligence & Analytics (Summer 2020)
The Climate Corporation is seeking a highly motivated intern during the Summer of 2020 in Chicago, IL. You will work with the Intelligence & Analytics Product Domain team on projects related to creation of an enhanced experimentation experience in Climate FieldView. From your first day, you’ll be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities, which will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding of a career with the Climate Corporation. This is a challenging and dynamic opportunity for someone interested in product management and technology.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Intelligence and Analytics team to support the development of product performance measurement capabilities that enable decision-making for the grower and retailer segments
- Define new and enhanced capabilities to support product performance measurement
- Identify and analyze product expansion opportunities for product performance tools
- Partner across various teams, including Product domains, Science/R&D, Data Analytics, and Engineering to drive and track progress toward delivering new capabilities
- Perform market research to assess the efficacy of new product concepts
- Scope new use cases for I&A-derived product development opportunities
- Work with the Intelligence and Analytics Lead to determine scope of analytics that deliver the most effective data analysis strategy to enable scale
- Manage the implementation of new business models through close collaboration with Commercial partners in our Bayer Crop Science enterprise organization
- Gain experience in both the Discovery and Delivery facets of product management
- Enrolled in an MBA or Master’s degree program OR have completed year 3 of undergraduate (in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with scientific method and/or data science principles
- Experience with independent project management/ownership
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to multitask, maintain accuracy, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Able to construct a storyline, perform analyses, and effectively communicate complex concepts and recommendations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, proficiency with financial modeling
- Experience, acumen, and interest in both STEM concepts and business principles
- Agriculture background a plus
- Self-starter with agility to adapt to dynamic business needs
- Comfortable with ambiguity
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com