Sr. Engineering Manager-Model Execution and Ops.
Sr. Engineering Manager –
Model Execution & Operations
Climate LLC is disrupting the Agricultural landscape through Digital Transformation and helping farmers sustainably increase productivity. We are building a world-class Model Execution and Operations Infrastructure that will underpin Data Science, Data Analytics, Recommendations and AI (Artificial Intelligence). If you are passionate about Data, Data Science, Cloud Infrastructure and Digital transformation of one of the oldest industries on the planet, Climate is your next stop.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead the team in-charge of Model Execution and Operations. Your skill set and background is multifaceted with a broad range in Data, Data Science, Software Engineering and Cloud. You are comfortable making software design, architectural and roadmap decisions that have implications across the entire team and company. You will collaborate closely with Engineering Leadership, Research Leads, Architects, Technical Leads and Product Managers. You speak your mind respectfully. You are usually right, but you listen to others and build them up. You will be responsible for defining and executing a robust team culture centered around people engagement, engineering excellence and the one that fosters innovation, sustainability, customer delight and diversity.
What You Will Do:
- Own and manage day-to-day operations of “Model platform” with respect to Integrity, Stability, Consistency and Quality
- Responsible for building an effective team and talent pipeline by selecting, attracting, developing, and leading an inclusive team of high-performing engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
- Serve as an ambassador for Climate Engineering organization by establishing key relationships outside of the organization across Climate and with business stakeholders.
- Champion ways of working/best practices across Climate to promote a digital mindset, for delivering high-quality products that delight customers, and meet Governance, Compliance, and Privacy standards.
- Provides timely, continuous feedback and coaching to all direct reports. Communicates with the appropriate vendors to provide feedback on Contractors or SOW
- Work closely with the Science team and ensure great collaboration between Engineering and Science teams to ensure we are building the best solutions.
- Provides oversight, guidance, and support of all technical practices of teams including, but not limited to technologies such as AWS (Azure helpful).
- Manage your project
- Understands and embraces agile principles and partners with agile coaches to ensure their development teams are high performing and motivated.
- Occasionally willing to roll up sleeves and get hands dirty in code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 10+ years of work experience
- 5 + years managing team/s of five or more engineers in a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse team
- Proven business relationship management experience with strong communication skills and an understanding of user motivations and customer needs.
- Broad understanding of large cloud-based AWS distributed environments (Azure exposure helpful) building and delivering enterprise-class software products, Cloud Infrastructure, and Developer Tools.
- Experience in owning and managing PAAS (Platform as a Service) operations at scale
- Deep experience in Model lifecycle Management for Data Science and Machine learning models
- Currently or previously an expert in a programming language: Python and (Java OR Scala).
- Experience leading and influencing the strategy of your team or organization
- Ability to foster a positive attitude within the team, and be a mentor and guide for team members
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile development methodologies
- Ability to perform technical deep dives into code and architecture with engineers yet be capable of distilling communication for non-technical leader
- Proven management experience in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience and interest in scientific computing,
- Experience working in tandem with science organizations in partnership with data scientists, architects, software engineers, product owners/managers
- Project management experience helpful
- Hands-on experience in Kubernetes, Terraform is a huge plus
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or similar software development practices.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hack-a-thons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].