Lead Product Designer
Lead Product Designer
Location: San Francisco
We at Climate, LLC are modernizing agriculture by helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. As a Product Design Lead, you’ll contribute to solving one of the most important issues facing the world, how to feed an ever growing population with a finite amount of farming land.
Profound Meaning in your Work
If you are looking for meaning and impact by solving a problem which will affect generations to come — we need your passion and grit. We have only begun to scratch the surface of how we can use Science, Technology and Design to modernize farming. You will be at the forefront of an industry which has just woken up to the power of AI, Machine Learning, and IOT. But as we know, an intuitive, meaningful user experience is what powers the application of these solutions in our customers’ everyday lives.
Your Seat at the Table
Design has a clear seat at the table and shares the responsibility for product planning, execution, and success. You’ll be looked to as an expert in your field who will be held accountable for the UX of the end-to-end experience.
- Based on empathy and data, you’ll create create concepts and deliver products and features into market
- Grow and inspire a team of UX designers to do the best work of their lives
- Translate the science of agriculture into useful and usable solutions for all the world’s farmers
- Engage in research with farmers in their fields and equipment around the world
- Demonstrate the power of prototyping to learn quickly and iteratively
- Constructively improve designers, their work, and our design craft through design and product reviews
- Create a strong design point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- 7+ years of experience in UX Design
- 3+ years of UX Leadership experience, as a project lead or manager
- Experience in making data-driven design decisions
- Proven experience in leading UX initiatives including mapping the end-to-end customer experience, identifying the most important problems, prototyping to solve those problems, and leading a team to build and ship
- Proven experience in planning, scheduling, and delivering digital products into market and iterating improvements
- Ability to lead workshops and facilitate cross-functional team alignment at varying stages of the design process
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
- Endlessly curious about people, technology, design, and life
- Tenacious about solving problems and seeing projects through to the end, we call it “grit”
- A love for the craft of Design and Design Thinking and our ever evolving toolset
- Ability to speak about your work with measured passion and data
- Energy amplifier — things get better when you enter the room
- Paper and pen come before you sit down at a screen
- Quick and dirty feedback is your oxygen when breathing life into an idea
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].