Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Cloud
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference in feeding the world? Do you love building and managing high-performing engineering teams and systems? We are looking for a strong Software Engineer to build core infrastructure services that power the next generation of digital farming solutions. If you are a technology leader and have experience in developing, deploying and managing large-scale multi-region and multi-cloud infrastructure platforms and looking to build something that impacts the world, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry by helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are collecting massive amounts of complex agronomic data in one of the largest heterogeneous global data footprints.
What you will do
· Lead the technical direction and architectural evolution of our core infrastructure tools and services for digital farming platform.
· Lead by example for engineering excellence and customer focus in the organization.
· Bringing clarity to complex technical problems and demonstrate smart ways to simplify.
· Design, build and deploy infrastructure systems for managing our public cloud environment using containers and microservices.
· Develop high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code.
· Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with different people across the organization.
· Own features and its quality end-to-end from design, development, deployment, monitoring and support to ultimately delight our customers.
· Participate in on-call rotation. Analyze and improve operational efficiency continuously as we scale up in size and operations.
· Bachelor’s or equivalent experience.
· Around 12+ years of industry experience and at least 4 years as tech lead.
· Experience assessing competing interests and efficiently articulate the trade-offs in cross-functional projects.
· 10+ years of expert knowledge in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Golang) and experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
· 5+ years of experience with developing and deploying distributed cloud systems and services in multi-cloud environments – AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
· 5+ years of experience in developing scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, and accountable for its success.
· Experience deploying Containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS).
· Experience with using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud via APIs.
· Experience in CloudFormation/Terraform.
· Experience with Jenkins, GitLab, or other CI tools.
· Demonstrable strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, distributed systems, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
· Effective communication skills to work in a dynamic environment, collaborating with various teams.
· Strong customer focus, ownership and accountability.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part in and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]