Staff Engineer / Tech Lead
Want to work with modern, diverse technologies and design business systems to manage customer interactions including marketing, orders, customer support, knowledge sharing and events? Would you enjoy enabling the business to go to market globally? Do you have expert skills in software development and design? If so, Climate has a Staff Engineering / Technical Lead position for you.
As a Staff Engineer in our Commercial Enablement team, you will work closely with internal business teams such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Customer Support. You will lead a team of developers and work with other leads on larger platform initiatives. You will vet use cases and provide best practice guidance using your expertise, including Salesforce and other backend services. You will also work closely with key stakeholders in the Engineering organization to interface with internal Climate product APIs, as well as external partners and vendors for external services, such as tax, payment and promotions.
At Climate you can make a difference in the world with the products that you distribute and inform customers how to use. Our mission is to help all the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools that are built on top of our Digital Farming Platform and its APIs. You’ll need to have a strong technical background building web commerce functionality, sales enablement, and proven ability to lead complex engineering programs.
What you will do
- Work with business stakeholders and business analysts to deeply understand use cases, design technical solutions, and lead implementations
- Design and develop applications for internal users, customer support, and our end users (farmers, dealers, growers)
- Integrate Salesforce with custom and off the shelf systems to support key business functions
- Build backend internal and external facing micro-services as needed
- Develop robust monitoring, synthetic transactions, and alerting to ensure global 24/7 operation
- Triage production issues, root cause problems and enhance the architecture to avoid repeat or similar future occurrences
- Mentor engineers, provide technical guidance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects with distributed systems
- Expert with REST/SOAP web services
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS principles, data modeling
- Experience with any public cloud-based provider such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- 2-3 years of experience with Boomi, Mulesoft, or similar integration tools
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator, Certified Salesforce.com Developer, strong expertise with Sales, Service, Marketing Cloud, Force.com, Lightening
- Expertise with Netsuite, SAP, Ingenico, Talon One
- Familiar with GitLab, Docker
- Familiar with AWS (e.g. IAM, EC2, API Gateway, Regions/Zones)
- Familiar with React.js
- Familiar with Node.js
- Familiar with financial / software industry requirements.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence, analytical, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to write and review technical design documents
- Agile development processes and methodologies
- Detail oriented and believe in test driven development
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.