Lead Web Engineer
Lead Web Engineer
As a Lead Web Engineer in our Commercial Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, and building out our suite of business applications that are used by our end users to enable our users to manage orders, interact with our support team, manage event participation and more.
You will work closely with various internal business teams, such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Customer Support. In addition to this you will also work closely with key stakeholders in the Engineering Organization to interface with internal Climate product APIs, as well as external partners and vendors for external services, such as tax, payment and promotions.
You will be part of a team of developers, and will work with other Engineering leads on larger initiatives. In this role you will have the opportunity to guide architecture solutions and mentor junior team members.
You will vet use cases and provide best practice guidance using your expertise, including Salesforce and other backend services. You will work closely with Product team members to ensure new product features are integrated into our ordering as well as Customer Support related solutions. Deepen your skills and grow as Climate does!
If you are smart, have expert skills in software development and design, want to work with a modern and diverse range of technologies, consider yourself a customer advocate & enjoy enabling critical business functions using the best tools for the job, this is the right role for you.
What you will do
- Work with other engineers, business stakeholders and analysts to deeply understand use cases and implement them.
- Architect system enhancements and new system extensions, work with internal and external partner technical stakeholders to drive solutions.
- Design, and build out applications for internal users and our customers.
- Integrate Salesforce with custom and off the shelf systems to support key business functions.
- Build backend internal and external facing micro-services as needed.
- 2+ Years experience working with React
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp, ES6 or Git.
- Experience working with REST/SOAP web services.
- You have a solid foundational grounding in OO design, RDBMS principles, and data modeling.
- You are able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in CS or IS with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2+ Years working with Redux.
- Node.js experience is a plus.
- Experience documenting use cases and implementation decisions, working in an Agile development environment.
- You are familiar with financial / software industry requirements.
- You have worked successfully with third party vendors / add-ons.
- You are detail oriented and believe in test driven development.
- You are a Certified Salesforce.com Administrator, and or a Certified Salesforce.com Developer.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A DifferenceAs part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org