Product Manager - Sustainability and Carbon
Product Manager, Sustainability and Carbon
Climate LLC. is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with its Digital Farming Platform and products that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. We have a unique opportunity to help create the world’s largest digital agriculture platform and ecosystem to bring innovation and product offerings to farmers and enterprises.
Profound Meaning in your Work:
If you are looking for meaning and impact by solving a problem which will affect generations to come — we need your passion and grit. We have only begun to scratch the surface of how we can use Science, Technology, Data and Design to create a more sustainable farming ecosystem. You will be at the forefront of an industry which affects every human on earth.
Your Seat at the Table:
We are looking for a highly analytical and data driven Product Manager (PM) who will be a critical part of Climate’s Product team, focusing on Carbon and other sustainable farming initiatives in LATAM and EMEA. The PM will work with business leads and partner with our engineering and functional units to bring together a complete solution for our customers. You will work closely with dedicated engineering team(s) to breakdown features and outline functional and non-functional requirements and work alongside them on execution and release.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with teams across Bayer DFS to build, launch, and scale new concepts.
- Provide thoughtful leadership in defining long-term product strategy and planning; expertise in translating product strategy into product capabilities and managing them from concept to delivery.
- Discover, collaborate and understand user needs to build a robust solution for digital farming needs.
- Translate customers and internal stakeholders needs into a prioritized roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with user researchers, designers, and engineering counterparts to convert the roadmap into an actionable plan.
- Work with Science teams to build the data collection strategy and ensure science capabilities are utilized correctly to deliver quality products to the market.
- Lead across products and business units to ensure smooth execution and delivery of products into the market.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Define and drive the use cases, requirements and release plans for the data platform.
- Collaborate closely with clients and all functional units to roll out data services and capabilities
- Partner with product marketing, sales and field teams to drive the GTM plans as well as drive the adoption of our products.
- Monitor user feedback and metrics to create solutions and drive better user experience and business value.
- 5+ years’ experience as a product manager or similar background
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, science and/or business or equivalent experience, an advanced degree is a plus (e.g., MSc., MBA)
- Knowledge of digital space with the ability to support change in complex organizations
- Bring a general manager mindset, analytical problem-solving skills, ability to simplify complex problems, prioritize based on trade-offs and drive decisions and actions
- Experience leading highly complex initiative(s) that works across multiple business units
- Ability to keep a pulse on risks and headwinds that can come up in an evolving environment
- Ability to understand market needs, product priorities, and ecosystem capabilities
- Genuine empathy toward customers and commitment to diving into the weeds on their challenges
- Ability to identify and decompose customer problems, use cases and business needs into actionable tasks/stories and track to delivery
- Ability to drive roadmap and projects autonomously
- Excellent team- and relationship-building abilities, with both internal and external parties (engineers, data scientists, business partners, legal, privacy, security, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills, including influence cross-functional teams via diplomacy and tact
- Experience working with engineering to deliver a product into market
- Experience designing and executing software development lifecycle tools and processes
- Strong understanding of and ability to work within Agile methodology
- Experience in and passion for agriculture
- Scaled Agile POPM-certified experience designing and executing in SAFe Agile Framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to summarize complex programs into a broader compelling narrative
- Multi-lingual fluency a plus.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].