The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with digital tools that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their crop yields. We are looking for a passionate Security Engineer to join our product security engineering team to continually enhance our security solutions. You will use your background and skills in security, software architecture, design, development, testing, and communication to help us deliver our groundbreaking Digital Agriculture platform.
In this position, you will be responsible for reviewing, recommending and enhancing security solutions across engineering disciplines. You will drive the integration of security controls into Climate’s applications and cloud services platform by applying your security and software engineering expertise while using a variety of software and product security assessment techniques.
Contribute and collaborate with other Information Security team members across the broad spectrum of information security programs, such as Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response, Governance, and Compliance.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a member of the Information Security management team to shape the direction of the program and prioritize work activities of the Security Engineering teams
- Automate security controls to reduce our attack surface, proactively seek out vulnerabilities, and decrease response and recovery times
- Lead Security program & project execution across multiple security teams, engineering, product, and science in situations where authority is not a given
- Optimize security tool deployments and introduce scalable processes across IT and Security Engineering capabilities
- Collaborate with product, design, data analytics, and engineering to define needs that leverage the next generation of industry-leading data analytics technologies
- Drive an efficient and effective Agile process to manage a deep backlog and iteratively enhance security services.
- Motivate and provide necessary tools for engineers to work with confidence to create simple and secure solutions to complex problems.
- Oversee and guide the completion of security control deployments run by the Security Engineering team
- Discuss and present technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 2 years of industry experience in software development, Software as a Service, or Platform as a Service
- 2+ years in security engineering, technical security program or project management
- Extensive experience with Cloud Infrastructure, and securing a cloud-based environment
- Experience implementing controls for information security compliance programs including PCI, ISO 27001 and SOC
- Insight into current industry-standard security regulations, policies, and procedures for information systems
- Network security and penetration testing expertise
- Ability to evangelize and represent a technical community
- Familiarity with compliance standards, policies, and risk management
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban or similar software development practices.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part in and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.