Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The Climate Corporation is looking for a talented and motivated Software Developer Engineer in Test to contribute to the mission of helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity using digital tools, mobile software, advanced analytics, and high-quality assurance standards. This role is a unique opportunity to join our dynamic team, responsible for testing the apps that will operate under extreme environments and help ensure a great experience for our customers.
You will work on the design and implementation of test automation frameworks and test tools to ensure our precision agronomy applications are accurate, robust, scalable, performant, and deployable, and will have the opportunity to work with large, "big data" sets such as scientific data, farm machine-generated data, geospatial and other remote-sensing data, weather, and soil data. You will collaborate with product managers, engineering, and business partners to enable a seamless, high-quality experience for our customers. If you are passionate about testing, innovation and want to join the team to work on a product with real-world impact to build a sustainable business, Climate is the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Pair up with other software engineers to deliver automated tests to validate our iOS mobile and web applications as SDET
- Develop, architect, document, and implement test automation frameworks and API-level tests for multiple back-end services that power our system
- Design and develop tools for validating core functionality, as well as for measuring performance, scalability, reliability of systems operating on machine-generated data
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to ensure the data and software tools they use are accurate and reliable
- Test our applications with different locales to guarantee a valuable global product experience to our customers, going to the field when necessary
- Write code to help you explore the product, not just automate what we already know
- Document test strategies, test plans, and designs
- Assist in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting is effective and efficient
- Create detailed incident reports for production issues, and work on triage and investigation
- Actively engage in root cause analysis reviews
- Be willing to take on other responsibilities and tackle a variety of engineering and testing problems - we are a small team and all share role
- Strong CS fundamentals with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or a related engineering field. Equivalent work experience may be accepted.
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing test automation frameworks for web, iOS functional and performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of common software development design patterns and software quality assurance methodologies as SDET
- Experience with test case management tools such as TestRail, TFS, or Quality Center
- Working knowledge of Linux and Mac OS
- Understanding of HTTP protocols, REST
- You understand deadlines and the need to deliver the most valuable things first
- Strong programming, debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving background
- Proficient with Selenium, Appium, XCUITest or Espresso
- Experience deploying tests in continuous integration systems
- Complete familiarity with testing in fully virtualized environments (e.g. AWS)
- Experience defining and championing best practices across a software engineering team
- Demonstrated skills communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Proven track record of building large scale testing
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hack-a-thons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
- Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.