Operations Specialist, Data Analytics
The Climate Corporation seeks a high-performing Operations Specialist to work with Climate’s Data and Analytics Vice President, and team. This role will focus on identifying, creating and improving the processes involving the people resourcing, finance/budget, communication and planning operations critical to the effective execution of the team within the Climate R&D function. This role will involve a hands-on approach to own and scale the team operation processes. You will need to be a self starter, and use a friendly, flexible approach. This person will be the primary person to handle the Data And Analytics operational duties regarding gathering and building resourcing current and predicted, project resource plan, cloud and vendor costs, as well as working with our Marketing for communications. The person will also be well versed in the Data and Analytics strategies to be a voice in the R&D operations as a representative of the team.
The Data and Analytics team is focused on creating competitive advantage for Climate and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are an analysis and engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems to enable and accelerate the science that our products are based on, while also enabling and accelerating our business analytics to help our customers succeed. Our work impacts our products and informs decisions and direction for our business.
What You Will Do:
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing operations frameworks; develop scalable solutions, processes, and work to manage risks.
- Assist with project/portfolio reporting to classify actuals for Data And Analytics resources (people, contractors, software, equipment, consulting) to the project they are assigned.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly SW capitalization reporting (team tracking/verification, following up with updates that need to be made).
- Manage Project actuals and work with our FP&A rep to provide Finance summary forecast of monthly purchases related to capital.
- Drive strategic, operational and analytical initiatives to improve processes.
- Ad hoc reporting and compliance, such as Annual Physical Inventory and Software Capital audits
- Track actual expenses posted vs planned, and follow up to ensure expense postings occur on time by month end
- Be able to track and update the expense forecast by working with our leadership team and Finance FP&A representative.
- Create Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders in SAP/Ariba
- Responsible for managing setting up new vendors in Bayer SAP
- Track invoices and payments to suppliers by working with our Finance team
- Manage team communications and communication processes
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in a technical field (i.e. Finance, Business, Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Statistics)
- 2-5 years experience and passion for managing operational, capital and headcount resource tracking in concert with portfolio and pipeline investment process
- Experience in coordinating across partner teams to help gather and build operational tracking and forecasting data for team operations.
- Ability to manage communication of various forms including presentation, and written communication.
- Previous experience in any area of Finance
- Previous experience in SAP procurement
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions for Data and Analytics Leadership Team.
- Effective working and partnering with executive level staff
- Willingness to dig in when a persistent problem exists, and set up processes to address the underlying issues/roadblocks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, friendly and helpful demeanor
- Ability to manage self with high-level directions (self-directed, self starter)
- Manage or assist in relationships with key partners or vendors
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference