Engineering Manager, Field Test
The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that help the world's farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. Through a suite of grower-facing applications, we collect and process vast amounts of agronomic data to enable insights that help farmers improve growth productivity and sustainability.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager in Field Test to help build a new team dedicated to testing devices and systems. This position will be instrumental in developing the vision and new tool sets that allow us to automate testing in an end-to-end manner before going into the field for final verification (device to device to cloud to mobile and desktop applications). Finally, you’re also responsible for in-field testing activities required to acquire necessary data sets for test and final verification of functionality of in-cab displays and applications that leverage the collected data. If you have experience in embedded devices and systems testing and are looking for a new opportunity in the connected devices space, this could be the challenge you've been looking for.
What makes a successful manager at Climate?
- Invests in people - Someone who fosters a culture of inclusion, trust, mentorship, praise, constructive feedback, and continually builds, develops and retains their team.
- Inspires - Someone who gains buy-in by proactively listening to others' thoughts and opinions, in turn creating optimism and confidence convincingly.
- Thinks - Someone who uses critical thinking and strategic planning to make well-informed decisions. They create an environment where the right approaches surface from a variety of diverse perspectives.
- Achieves Results - Someone that can make plans and be proactive to get things done. They continuously improve their team's effectiveness by setting achievable and specific goals, regularly evaluating results, implementing improvements, and holding their team accountable.
What You Will Do:
- Build and mentor a group of high-performing engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
- Guide the professional development of each direct report through performance management and coaching.
- Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs.
- Partner stakeholders & architects to drive detailed requirements and durable technical design.
- Drive clarity in ambiguous situations and mobilize the team for achieving results.
- Reduce technical debt through well-designed testing methodologies for validation in early development and verification in late-stage development.
- Create the canonical system of testing for our Digital Farming Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in product development and product validation
- 3+ years building, leading, and growing diverse groups of high-performing engineers
- 2+ years of experience in continuous integration and delivery
- Working knowledge of CANalyzer tools and J1939 CAN physical and messaging layers
- Working knowledge of Python programming Language
- Experience working in the heavy machinery industries (Agricultural or Construction)
- Working knowledge of CAPL for CANalyzer tools
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity and changes of direction
- A master of driving clarity to keep engineering teams productive
- Expert relationship builder
- Expert in Testing methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of modern distributed systems
- Understanding of various SDLC methodologies, like scrum and waterfall
- Working knowledge of project management software, like Jira and Smartsheet
- Knowledge of languages like Java and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]