Director of Software Engineering, Commercial Enablement
Are you an expert at building global Order To Cash payment systems? Do your teams love using Salesforce to integrate payment systems, promotions engines, and fulfillment vendors? Do you love the experience of helping commercial business teams go to market around the world? Have you set up customer support tools like knowledge, chat, and screen sharing? If so, we want to meet you. We have an opportunity for an Engineering leader to scale out a team of talented engineers for systems that facilitate revenue and provide key touchpoints with our customers.
At Climate you can make a difference in the world with the products that you distribute and inform customers how to use. Our mission is to help all the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools that are built on top of our Digital Farming Platform and its APIs. We are looking for a Director to scale out a global development team supporting our strategic vision. You’ll need to have a strong technical background building web commerce functionality, sales enablement, and proven ability to lead complex engineering programs.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Commercial team leadership to build the vision, goals, metrics, roadmap, and budget for sales enablement capabilities and features
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale teams across regions
- Build reusable technical capabilities to power current and future generations of Climate OTC and customer engagement
- Drive global requirements development and analysis
- Work with sales enablement, legal and architect teams to review proposed solutions and contribute as needed
- Create and manage a delivery plan and partner with stakeholders across the organization on execution
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-changing, dynamic environment
- Ensure solid development and release practices are followed that meet stringent audit/compliance standards
- Develop and track metrics to measure adoption and effectiveness of support tools
- Build self-service/declarative interfaces for basic configuration and customization for key features
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintain high morale and empower engineers to do the best work of their careers
- Foster innovation, collaboration, and teamwork within the team
- Develop metrics measuring customer experience and effectiveness of Knowledge
- 8+ years of industry experience in software development or sales enablement technologies, including 3 years in Software as a Service or Platform as a Service
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to discover, document and deliver a product based on requirements of customers, partners, product managers, and other platform stakeholders.
- Expertise in Salesforce (e.g. Sales, Service, Marketing Cloud, Mulesoft, Force.com), SAP, Ingenico, Talon One, Boomi, and ETL tools
- Experience driving technical sales enablement programs with a hands-on approach
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Experience working with commercial teams to translate go to market objectives into requirements for engineering teams to scope and deliver
- Effective working and partnering with executive level staff
- Experience building declarative tools
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Hear from our CEO Mike Stern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnug2GpFx1s
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.