Director - Portfolio Strategy
At Climate, our mission is to help all the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools which require our leaders to understand the big picture while being able to dive into the unique agriculture and engineering challenges. The Climate Corporation is looking for an experienced Technical Project Portfolio Lead who is responsible for designing, implementing, and continuously improving the project engagement and commitment processes. This position works with leaders and staff across the company to ensure initiatives are appropriately estimated with business objectives and value defined.
We're looking for someone who is comfortable taking a leadership position and is both business process and technically minded. This role will also involve a hands-on approach to own and scale our cross-product development processes and will need to be a self-starter, and use a friendly, flexible approach in a process-light environment.
What You Will Do:
- Maintains the committed project portfolio plan of record
- Enhance the project management and engineering operations processes, tooling and templates to improve the operating model maturity of a scaling science and engineering enterprise
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators to de-risk business objectives
- Be able to drive and explain your analysis to executives
- Be comfortable operating with uncertainty, know how to create order from chaos
- Build credibility and buy-in from teams without authority
- Expertly facilitate large scale meetings and drive change management across the company
- Create solutions by diving deep into the technology and data
- Develop and own cross-organizational processes
- BA / BS degree
- 8 years of industry experience in software development, Software as a Service, or Platform as a Service
- 4+ years in technical project & portfolio management
- 2+ years process development and implementation in software engineering
- Agile coaching experience
- Ability to evangelize and represent a technical community
- Managed relationships with key partners or vendors
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Effective working and partnering with executive level staff
- Experience as an Engineering Manager
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.