Senior Data Scientist
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team of data scientists and statisticians focused on creating predictive agronomic models for row crop systems. This team works closely with collaborating teams focused on leveraging genetic, environmental and grower management data to create integrated models that can help growers better manage key aspects of these crops to improve agronomic outcomes. Our team has access to the rich and big data you’ve only dreamed about to drive creation of simple, predictive, prescriptive models that will shape the future of the agriculture industry.
A Senior Data Scientist will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of developing novel & complex integrated agronomic models for recommendations on seeds and crop protection products that farmers need today. They will play a key role in delivering innovative scientific breakthroughs by applying predictive analytics, risk optimization and statistics to deliver integrated recommendations. They will be leading areas of key research programs. They will work closely with interdisciplinary scientists, domain experts and stakeholders to predict product performance and provide personalized prescriptions for growers.
What You Will Do:
- Design and prototype models that integrate artificial intelligence techniques, optimization, machine learning, and statistics in order to solve challenging analytics problems influencing farmer decisions using scalable models
- Leverage heterogenous data across the growing season(s) (soil, weather, agronomics, equipment, imagery etc.) to prescribe optimized crop protection practices OR to optimize seed and seeding rating recommendations
- Lead cross-team research projects, collaboratively developing and executing project plans in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Implement quantitative, empirical, geospatial statistical methodology to characterize and predict how products will respond across diverse farmer fields
- Write robust, well-documented and well-tested research code and code libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to deliver high-quality, reproducible research.
- Summarize and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Mentor and coach junior data scientists in modeling approaches
- Post-Doc, PhD +3 years or Masters plus 6 years of experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a related discipline with a focus on using predictive analytics, artificial intelligence and/or optimization to influence real life decisions
- Proven track record to develop and lead research projects independently towards successful delivery of business outcomes
- Strong Python coding skills for data analysis and modeling, including experience with standard data science packages (NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, SKlearn)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Background in Spatial Statistics, Bayesian modeling
- Experience using tools for big datasets, such as SQL and PySpark.
- Experience with at least one deep learning model (DNN, RNN, etc.) and framework (TensorFlow, JAX, PyTorch, etc.).
- Ability to solve and communicate challenging and complex analytical problems in a clear, precise and actionable manner, and a willingness to extend own interests into new fields of research and development
- Knowledge and applied agricultural science experience and/or agricultural datasets in plant breeding, genetics, physiology or agronomy
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis and/or experience translating scientific models into code.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].