Sr./Staff Software Engineer (SPIES)
The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. Our backend software engineering teams collect, process, transform and analyze vast amounts of agronomic and geospatial data. We then work with our science organization to understand how our growers can realize the full potential of their farmable land. Our team takes these insights and builds meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to feed our ever-growing population. If you are a skilled, creative, collaborative software engineer and leader who wants to have a meaningful impact on the world, we would love to engage with you about a role here at The Climate Corporation.
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical software engineer to join the Security & Privacy Services team. The team is responsible for building authentication, authorization, and other security services for the next generation digital farming platform. We are looking for a smart, innovative and passionate engineer to join the team and lead the technical path of the future of authentication and authorization.
What You Will Do:
- Design and scale our backend services globally
- Plan, lead and guide improvements and architecture for our security and identity systems.
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Drive new means of security in a highly dynamic computing environment, while supporting a customer base who might well be off the grid for months at a time
- Analyze / refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Mentor across the organization on best practices and techniques
- Learn new technologies and frameworks to solve unique challenges in the agriculture industry
- Stay connected with the agriculture industry and our grower customers to ensure that their needs are appropriately reflected in the product roadmap
- Deliver high quality, sustainable systems and teach others to do the same
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience programming in Java or an equivalent OOP language
- 7+ years hands-on experience developing scalable backend services and platforms
- 7+ years experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience building microservices with Java
- Experience with Clojure would be helpful but not required
- Working knowledge of at least one Identity and Access Management protocol and technology: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent team communication and collaboration skills
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and best practices
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence store
- Experience working with AWS or another public Cloud platform
- Deep knowledge in Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Experience building authorization frameworks for applications
- Experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
• Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
• We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
• Inspire one another
• Innovate in all we do
• Leave a mark on the world
• Find the possible in the impossible
• Be direct and transparent
Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $160,000.00 - $260,000.00. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate, LLC - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]