Designed Field Research Scientist
The Climate Corporation is developing data-driven recommendations and digital tools to help global customers improve their productivity and sustainability. To develop these digital tools, our Science organization needs the necessary data sets to build predictive models. Further, recommendations from these models must be tested to confirm value creation prior to commercialization. Typically, our models are tested in multiple conditions, maybe over multiple seasons and usually multiple times before we commercialize a product. The Science Implementation Teams are responsible for many aspects of data collection, designing research to both to generate data for model building, as well as to ensure we have a successful program and process to evaluate new research models and concepts with our customers.
One part of the Implementation Team is the Protocol team which is accountable for global coordination of our field research protocols to ensure successful design and execution. The individual will be expected to have a strong scientific and field research background, experience in various experimental designs, statistical analyzes and ability to breakdown complex technical information to insights that can be easily shared to non technical audiences. The individual will be a key contact within the Climate Science organization with a diverse set of stakeholders across Climate, Bayer Crop Sciences and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Work directly with Climate modeling teams to design early stage science research under real world farm conditions to develop and validate scientific models
- Manage multiple cross functional research projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Partner cross-functionally with Climate Science, Product, Breeding, Global Market Development and Field Solutions to understand and create standardized experiments across the testing programs that generate the necessary data.
- Work with the goal of leveraging Science tools to drive action within grower operations; build concept tools as necessary to achieve that goal
- Provide real-time feedback to various stakeholders regarding status of testing at critical time points during the season
- Create and share insights from our designed research that enables the learning to be shared with Climate Science and relevant stakeholders to refine testing and modeling efforts
- Create and visualize new opportunities which articulate grower needs and shed light on new business opportunities
- Ph.D. with 4 years or M.S. with 6 years of relevant work experience in agriculture sciences related field.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to take complex scientific concepts and translate them into simple messages.
- Working knowledge of agriculture equipment, farming operations and agronomic challenges that may influence field research.
- Experience managing projects across diverse research teams and multiple projects at once and balance different needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of geospatial data and how to leverage these data to drive field research
- Proven track record of working across multiple research and development functions to align on research objectives and trial designs
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com