Scientific Analytics Technical Project Manager
The Climate Corporation is developing data-driven recommendations and digital tools to help global customers improve their productivity and sustainability. To develop these digital tools, our Science organization needs the necessary data sets to build predictive models. Further, recommendations from these models must be tested to confirm value creation prior to commercialization. Typically, our models are tested in multiple conditions, maybe over multiple seasons and usually multiple times before we commercialize a product. The Science Implementation Team is responsible for many aspects of data collection, both to generate data for model building, as well as to ensure we have a successful program and process to evaluate new research models and concepts with our customers.
One team is the Automation and Tooling team which is accountable for scaling research code to execute pre-commercial global research programs, and serving as a bridge between researchers developing models and engineers who are responsible for productionizing models.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics Technical Project Manager. This person will be a key player and liaison for pre-commercial initiatives across the organization including Science , Engineering, Data Analytics, & Product Teams, etc. This person will help design & manage pre-commercial product concepts from idea to deliver. We're looking for someone who is technically minded and has the intelligence and experience to cut straight to what’s relevant and concisely ask the right questions. This person will need to use a friendly, flexible approach in a process-light environment to execute pre-commercial programs within science.
- Engage & collaborate across diverse research groups (science, engineering, & Data Analytics) to design & manage projects that scale new science data, models, and deliver pre-commercial product concepts to customers.
- Work with project team to define processes in support system development, perform system testing, & manage launch of new system with customers.
- Ability to set clear priorities based upon science product efforts to facilitate alignment across teams.
- Provide updates and status reports that highlight risk & progress against timelines.
- Build credibility and buy-in from teams without authority.
- Be comfortable operating with uncertainty & driving on time & high-quality pre-commercial test of product concepts
- BS in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related degree, or 3+ years work experience in technical project management.
- Experience in designing & managing analytics & software development.
- Experience working with project tracking methodologies.
- Experience managing projects across diverse research teams and multiple projects at once and balance different needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the gift of explaining complicated things simply around a project.
- Problem solver that doesn’t give up when you don’t know all the answers right away
- Knowledge of breeding, agriculture, and/or biotechnology
- Knowledge & operational familiarity of Bayer’s R&D data would be a plus
- Knowledge mixed model analysis, machine or deep learning technology
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference