Senior Engineering Manager (B2B Platform)
At Climate, our mission is to use technologies to enhance the sustainability and security of our global food value chain. Using field-verified data science models, Climate is shaping the future of sustainable agriculture across 180 million acres worldwide and counting. As the digital farming arm of Bayer Crop Science, we have the benefits and resources of an established organization while offering employees the opportunity to deliver significant individual impact alongside some of the brightest minds in life sciences.
Grounded in our vision, ‘Health for all, Hunger for none’, our diverse team spends their days solving the world's most pressing challenges through sheer curiosity and dedication. In our learning-oriented and flexible environment, you can find us collaborating in a hybrid model that mixes on-site and remote work.
Our LIFE values—leadership, integrity, flexibility, and efficiency—and our unique focus on health and nutrition demand that we create value for all stakeholders—today, tomorrow, and for generations to come. If you’re hungry to build a meaningful career helping empower farmers with sustainable digital farming systems, keep reading!
As a Sr. Engineering Manager on the B2B Platform team will be lead and grow a team of talented and experienced engineers, who are building high-value, targeted industry solutions, bringing Climate’s domain expertise to broader segments of the agriculture industry.
B2B Platforms team in Climate Engineering is chartered within Bayer with building the leading Agri-food platform for the industry, in partnership with Microsoft. See some of the links below for more information about Bayer’s partnership with Microsoft:
Bayer's Announcement of the Partnership
What You’ll Do
- Lead, grow, and inspire a talented team of engineers focused on bringing high-value backend capabilities and APIs
- Collaborate with product, sales, and other engineering teams to manage requirements and dependencies
- Help your team meet their goals and strive to be their best
- Drive an efficient and effective Agile software development process to manage a deep backlog and launch iteratively developed solutions and APIs
- Ensure the stability of Climate’s products through robust, scalable and fault-tolerant software development practices
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of engineering at The Climate Corporation
- Align the team’s goals and objectives towards the “Bigger Picture” of the Climate Corporation
- Represent Climate and present at local Meetups, User Groups, and Conferences
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to attract, grow and lead a team of backend engineers in a cloud environment
- 2 + years of mananging multiple engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies and processes
- Previous experience as a backend/API Tech-lead/Architect
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Azure Cloud capabilities and solutions
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience working in a start-up environment with product owner responsibilities
What We Offer
- Base salary estimated range between $159,970 to $266,928 annually, depending on the hiring location. You may also be offered bonuses, RSUs cash equivalent, or commission.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, as well as a Life Solutions Plan covering mental health benefits
- Industry-leading 401K match of up to 10%
- Discounted access to Employee Share Purchase Plan program
- Professional growth opportunities including up to $10,000 college tuition reimbursement, access to upskilling platform, leadership training, mentoring and coaching programs, and short-term assignments (domestic and international)
- Yearly $500 WFH stipend for hybrid office employees
Belonging and Accommodations
At Climate, we strive to create inclusive experiences for candidates and employees alike in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented. If this role sounds exciting to you but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we actively pursue ways to celebrate our differences and don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at [email protected].
Learn more about our team and mission: https://climate.com/careers