Director, Science Modeling
At Climate, our mission is to help all the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. This requires our leaders to understand the big picture, while also being able to dive into unique technical challenges to guide the development of robust predictive models for agriculture.
The Director of Science Modeling is a senior leader at Climate, responsible for setting the Science Modeling Team’s organizational vision, aligning the team’s deliverables with the company’s Digital Pipeline. A key part of this role is to build relationships with leaders at all levels of the organization. This role reports to the Chief Science Officer and is a member of the Science Leadership Team.
What You Will Do:
- Lead multiple data science teams charged with developing predictive models using advanced statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms to extract value from large agriculture data sets.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to define, establish and implement project metrics and analytics to measure performance and gain insights for decision making.
- Serve as a liaison between business strategy, commercial and implementation teams for delivering transformational digital solutions.
- Partner with product, data analytics and engineering teams to design and develop roadmaps for delivery of digital products to the agricultural industry.
- Establish and direct resource allocation for successful completion of project deliverables, deadlines and budgets.
- Contribute to strategic and operational leadership of the Science organization by serving as a member of the Science Leadership Team
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics; or, a Masters degree in Agronomy, Life Science, or Physical Science with a demonstrated track record conducting quantitative research and building predictive models.
- 10+ years experience of technical leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to grow a team of people managers and individual contributors in data science.
- Proven track record of driving significant business impact by leveraging large volumes of data through analytics and modeling.
- Strong business acumen; experience collaborating with commercial partners to support integration of digital products into business models.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with proven ability to communicate, collaborate with senior management, peers and direct reports to deliver measurable results.
- Experience aligning technical strategy with business strategy.
- PhD. in a quantitative or agricultural discipline.
- Extensive experience with data exploration, implementation of advanced statistical, machine learning and artificial intelligence based algorithms along with rigorous model validation.
- Experience presenting strategic project recommendations and business value of data related technology to executive level management.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.