Senior Infrastructure Observability Engineer (Monitoring & Logging)
Do you enjoy enabling engineering teams to observe how their code and services are performing so they can easily optimize the experience for the end user? Do you pride yourself on systems that can help triage and pinpoint root causes of problems in seconds not hours or days? Have you developed seamless dashboards that convey meaningful business data, software readiness, and service/system health to executives but also support drill down technical analysis for Tier 1-3 support? If so, Climate is just the place for you.
The Climate Corporation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build world class software to monitor/log and manage our production systems. Our team’s vision is to enable Continuous Improvement for the engineering organization, where software engineers can use deep operational insight to optimize their services and provide more value to customers.
We are building a state of the art Observability solution to process terabytes of operational and engineering data, providing engineers with deep insight into the services they own. We work closely with cloud infrastructure and application engineering teams and thrive on operating a large, complex and secure microservices environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the Observability team with best practices in design, development & implementation
- Lead cross-organizational engineering efforts to implement tools and training that quickly arm developers with deeper insights into application performance and service health issues reducing their MTTR and MTTA for Live Site Issues.
- Continuously improve observability tools by actively participating in Correction of Error reviews, collaborating with engineering leadership to identify and resolve visibility gaps
- Assist engineers with debugging issues to better understand how to improve and automate tool visibility and usability
- Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation
- 4+ years of experience in building automation tools in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience analyzing varying stakeholder concerns, proactively leading diverse groups to address concerns and build consensus
- Experience or ability to mentor junior developers
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, specifically Infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of microservices, containerization / Docker and orchestration / Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge of leading APM tools (e.g. New Relic, AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Experience with SQL development
- Experience with SQL / query plan analysis/tuning, contention / locking analysis
- Proven ability to collaborate with Technical Program Managers and Architects on the design and development and rollout of highly technical observability initiatives
- Knowledge of front end development, graphing / dashboarding packages (e.g. React JS, Highcharts, Grafana)
- Ability to analyze / resolve system bottlenecks
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference