Intern: Embedded Software Engineer
The Climate Corporation is looking for talented and motivated Computer Science or Engineering students with solid CS and Programming fundamentals for several of our engineering teams. Our software helps farmers around the world protect and improve their farming operations with uniquely powerful software and hardware products. You will work as a Software Engineering intern on a team in one of several areas. As a Software Engineering intern, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing and deploying new products and services in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build, test, and deploy data acquisition devices
- Work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment that fully embraces modern tools and development best practices. We’ll provide the mentorship on a product that solves a real business need and an atmosphere of learning
- Enrolled in a
degreedprogram in a technical or STEM relatedfield
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit theory
- Good working knowledge of C and Python
- Intellectual drive to learn anything
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Stellar academic record or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with command-line tools on a Unix shell
- A desire to work on hard problems
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an
award winningoffice with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various
company sponsoredevents, activities andoff-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to
interactionwith key executives and leadership.