Azure Cloud Architect / Administrator
The Climate Corporation is seeking an Azure expert to fill a multi-function role serving as a Cloud Architect and Administrator for the planning and implementation of the company’s Azure Cloud Strategy and other Cloud initiatives on Azure. This role will have the unique opportunity for planning and building our cloud infrastructure and related solutions on Azure from the ground up using industry best-practices and modern cloud deployment patterns.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who regularly takes the initiative to lead, collaborate and help others, and drives projects to successful outcomes with minimal oversight.
What You Will Do:
- Work alongside cross-functional cloud teams to oversee and plan activities to create and maintain project deliverables for the company’s Azure cloud program initiative.
- Facilitate and lead teams in determining architecture goals, cost estimating solutions and reviewing cloud solutions for potential improvements to design, reliability, observability, and cost management
- Lead assigned architecture and technical activities to meet company requirements for company cloud initiatives.
- Lead assigned process reviews and updates as part of the program’s ongoing continuous improvement process
- Develop tools to integrate existing solutions and infrastructure into Azure across the Software Development Lifecycle.
- At least 5 years of experience administering Azure in large enterprise organizations with in-depth knowledge of Azure administration and governance as well as core Azure offerings, including Azure AD, Azure Policy, Azure Networking, Azure Storage Accounts, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Key Vault, and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- At least 5 years of experience architecting new solutions using Azure leveraging Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as ARM templates/Bicep, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Pulumi, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience in one or more programming/scripting languages (Python, Golang, PowerShell, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience of solution architecture for microservices-oriented applications.
- Strong familiarity with AWS services
- Experience with hybrid cloud and cloud migration strategies.
- In-depth experience with Kubernetes and related Cloud Native technologies
- In-depth experience with GitOps strategies alongside Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or Pulumi
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, or Jenkins.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hack-a-thons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].