Writer & Content Marketing Manager
Our marketing team team is looking for a content developer and strategist who is much more than a copywriter. We need a storyteller who helps our customers understand our product offerings with strategic, compelling and evolving content. The primary product focus is Climate FieldViewTM, which is a digital tool that helps farmers optimize their operations by using their field data to inform critical decisions.
You will be part of the Bayer Commercial Marketing team and will work in close collaboration with The Climate Corporation Brand Marketing team as well as the marketing teams of other Bayer brands. The work environment is dynamic and fast-paced, so strong multitasking and project management skills are necessary in combination with excellent communications and writing skills.
What You Will Do:
- Create and implement innovative strategic content plans that are aligned with business and marketing goals.
- Plan and develop long- and short-form content for a variety of mediums. Potential examples include:
- Video development - strategic planning, project management, agency management, script development
- Podcast development - strategic planning, project management, agency management, script development
- Blog posts - planning, researching and writing posts for the FieldView blog on climate.com
- Content promotion planning - working with the Brand Marketing team to plan and track paid and unpaid content promotion, which is implemented by the Brand Marketing team
- Email content for sales teams, dealer sales channel and farmer customers
- Sales collateral such as product brochures and product sell sheets
- Website content
- Product messaging
- Distill agronomic information into simple, understandable copy across all multiple touch points
- Utilize customer research data insights, up-to-date understanding of the agriculture landscape and strong understanding of the product to implement storytelling that creates a rich and personalized experience across the customer journey.
- Influence broad message creation for use by the entire organization.
- Use metrics data to evaluate your content’s impact and push for continuous improvement that shows effective content iteration and evolution and delivers real business results.
- Coordinate content across teams to ensure we create a consistent end-to-end experience for our audiences.
- Audit and evaluate existing content, and recommend changes/rewrite to meet brand guidelines and content standards.
- Collaborate with agency partners to influence creative approach, messaging and visual design.
- Maintain and evolve Climate’s product content standards, including voice and tone, to be consistent with our brand persona.
- Edit other stakeholders’ work to ensure it is compelling, accurate and consistent with brand voice.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting short, frequently changing deadlines.
- 7+ years minimum writing experience, preferably in marketing communications environment
- 2+ years of writing and editing experience for web and mobile content
- 2+ years of video management experience
- Knowledgeable on AP style requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Experience managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Accustomed to receiving and managing frequent feedback
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content effectiveness metrics
- Agronomy knowledge or equivalent experience a plus
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference