Sr. Engineering Manager - Commercial Engineering
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are looking for an individual to lead and grow a team of experienced and talented software engineers and business analysts in support of global business operations and global customer commerce experiences. As the Commercial Engineering Senior Engineering Manager, you will build best in class, scalable, and reliable business applications that meet compliance and privacy standards. You will also support our global customer base with improving the commerce experience to delight growers and dealers, and deliver critical metrics for business analysis. Finally, you will play a leading role in the organizational development of individuals and cross functional collaboration processes.
- 3+ years managing teams of five or more engineers and analysts.
- Proven business relationship management experience with strong communication skills and an understanding of user motivations and customer needs.
- Broad understanding of front end, back end, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and DevOps environments and methodologies.
- Experience managing a team to deliver software and deploying services for Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Tools, DevOps, SRE or related organizations in a test driven environment.
- BS in CS, IS, EE or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Proven management experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban or similar software development practices.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and/or Commerce Cloud.
- Experience with integration tools such as Boomi, Mulesoft, or similar.
- Experience with process methodologies including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Order to Cash (OTC).
- Experience with global e-commerce and corresponding policies, regulations, and data privacy.
What You Will Do:
- Lead, coach, grow, and inspire a talented team of engineers and analysts focused on building and managing business applications that enable our global business users to drive operations and customer interaction.
- Improve the commerce experience for our global customers.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to understand the current engineering environment and to help us continue to build and implement the latest engineering infrastructure and tools.
- Drive an efficient and effective Agile software development process.
- Motivate and provide necessary tools for engineers to work with the confidence to create simple solutions to complex problems.
- Help your team meet their goals and strive to be their best.
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of engineering at The Climate Corporation.
- Align the team’s goals and objectives towards the “Bigger Picture” of the Climate Corporation.
- Represent Climate and present at local Meetups, User Groups, and Conferences.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part in and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]