Director of UX Design
The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a digital platform and software products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase their crop production.
As our Head of UX, Innovation, and Rapid Prototyping, you will report directly into the Chief Product Officer as you work to embed design into our product development lifecycle. As a strong visual and verbal storyteller, you will champion the strategic role that design plays in product development and you will operationalize changes to our organization that ensure we are building easy to use and intuitive customer products. You will shape the role of design at our company and lay the foundation for the design of Digital Agriculture.
- Develop strong relationships across Climate to evaluate where we are on our design journey and to craft, evangelize, operationalize and maintain a deeply embedded design vision and culture
- Create a strong design direction for the company, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Based on empathy and data, you’ll create and deliver product and feature concepts into the market, that translates the science of agriculture into useful and usable solutions for the world’s farmers
- Build, grow and inspire a team of UX researchers and designers to do the best work of their lives
- Balance between the Creative, Managerial, and Operational needs of the organization. As the CEO of the design team, Managerial and Operational excellence is crucial.
- Demonstrate the power of prototyping to learn quickly and iteratively.
- 15+ years designing and building beautiful application experiences at scale; 7+ years in design management.
- Led and built a trusted and influential product design organization.
- Implemented a cohesive end-to-end design experience across web and mobile platforms.
- A storyteller who worked in multiple mediums and brought possibilities to life through prototypes.
- Built a consumer validation process and metrics that result in increased product adoption and usage.
- Senior-level leadership experience in driving company-wide initiatives and the ability to manage budgets, contracts, talent, IP, etc.
- A Master’s degree in Product or Graphic Design, Consumer Research, or equivalent work experience.
- Mobile Application design experience.
- You sweat the details and push for benchmark quality in every touchpoint.
- Enjoy crafting strategy and vision for a quickly changing industry.
- Employ a facilitative leadership style to lead the team to better solutions, stronger team performance, and a healthy culture of collaboration.
- Provide direction and vision for evolving the role of user research in product design and development; find opportunities to increase efficiency and impact.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.