Business Analyst (Commercial Engineering)
Location: St. Louis
Do you love helping commercial business teams go to market globally? Do you love gathering requirements from the business leaders, writing user stories, and prioritizing backlogs for engineering teams to implement? Have you delivered applications to develop promotions, manage orders and renewals, and provide an integrated customer support experience using Salesforce Force.com, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and Mulesoft? Do you enjoy validating your application’s user engagement and effectiveness to continually improve the customer experience? If so, we want to meet you.
As a Business Analyst at Climate, you’ll help farmers around the world obtain and utilize our digital tools. You’ll have an opportunity to develop the business applications that facilitate revenue and provide key touchpoints with our customers. The integrated Climate FieldView™ digital agriculture platform brings together seamless field data collection, advanced agronomic modeling and local weather monitoring into simple mobile and web software solutions. Climate FieldView Prime™, Climate FieldView Plus™ and Climate FieldView Pro™ give farmers a deeper understanding of their fields so they can make more informed operating decisions to optimize yields, maximize efficiency and reduce risk.
You will work directly with cross functional parties to document functional and technical requirements that meet business needs, provide creative solutions, as well as conduct analysis and define business cases to implement new solutions. You’ll also help configure the Salesforce application, including simple workflows, roles and permissions. You must have excellent business analysis, project management, and technical understanding of the space to know what is possible.
What You Will Do:
- Gather requirements from Commercial Operations Leads and distill into detailed and clear user stories and business value
- Provide a unified voice that represents a Commercial Operations team
- Triage issues and address basic configuration problems before escalating to engineering
- Develop visual and interaction designs specifying how the application and workflows should behave
- Provide requirements in time for engineering release planning milestones to facilitate execution and on-time delivery
- Prioritize user stories and features for Commercial Engineering
- Organize and lead UAT to ensure the deliverables meet the requirements each release
- Hold informational sessions detailing how the product works and facilitate knowledge sharing amongst farmers and dealers
- Configure users and basic objects in Salesforce
- Develop product roadmaps for yearly planning
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process / use cases and user stories, writing requirements, building prototypes and leading business process discussions
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in business systems across the organization
- Iteratively use and evaluate a broad portfolio of technologies and ensure they effectively meet business needs
- Ability to transform business objective use cases to user story solutions consumable by an agile development team.
- Exposure to Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, and Customer Support processes.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with enterprise system implementations, business analysis and solution architecture for global companies.
- 2 - 4 years experience with Salesforce.com platform, including administration, configuration and implementation experience required.
- Experience managing and delivering end user expectations.
- Detailed oriented, process driven, and organized.
- Work effectively with engineering teams.
- Passionate for good design and user experience
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and influence the team to deliver stellar products and quality
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Salesforce.com certified administrator
- Prior experience working with business systems like Netsuite, and data integration tools such as Boomi.
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time appropriately.
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills with global cross functional teams and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives.
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical people and to communicate and simplify complex technical information for non-technical people.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s DNA (Leave a Mark on the world; Inspire one another; Find the Possible in the Impossible, Innovate in all we do; Be Direct and Transparent)
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.