Senior Engineering Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
Description:Climate’s Cloud Engineering group is growing rapidly and is looking for a senior engineering manager to lead a team of engineers that are innovating in the areas of stream processing and low-latency messaging systems.At Climate, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Bayer, one of the world's leading agriculture companies. The Climate Observability team is part of the rapidly growing Climate IaaS, Tools and Services group. We are customer focused in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Who are you?You are a builder of products as well as a builder of teams. You are a technical leader capable of driving development with an innovative spirit, love of technology and ability to wear many hats. You are fluent in discussing Asynchronous services (think AsyncAPI), metering, and stream processing with senior architects and technical leads. Finally, your high energy and commitment provides your team with the focus needed to deliver an exceptional service to thousands of Climate customers. Along the way you’ll learn a ton, have fun, and make a huge impact on our infrastructure and our business.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the development and operations of our Observability team.
- Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs
- Build and mentor a team of exceptional engineers with a strong team-oriented culture
- Provide technical leadership in driving the design and implementation of scalable streaming and messaging capabilities for our customers
- Guide the professional development of each direct report through performance management and coaching.
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Apply your knowledge of engineering best practices to improve productivity and reduce support and maintenance
- 8+ years industry experience delivering scalable, distributed platforms
- 4+ years of progressive management leadership experience
- Experience with agile (including successful agile transformations) or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering discipline or experience
- Experience delivering solutions at scale using public cloud (e.g.; cloud AWS or Azure).
- Solid understanding and proven experience with Apache Kafka, understand its usage, programming patterns, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to build and maintain a finely tuned, high performing engineering team.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and able to implement important decisions. Can synthesize coherent plans and priorities from the inputs of the team and business partners.
- Ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan. Able to prioritize and triage effectively.
- Proven ability to obtain commitment; ability to lead debates and lead teams to disagree and commit when necessary
- Strong experience with authentication and authorization, RBAC, API security.
- Data-driven decision maker.
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com