Lead Software Engineer, Web UI
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. The team you’d join is responsible for building a framework used by other web teams, and ensuring the success of web apps by guiding their delivery. This is a “right place at the right time” situation, with the company embarking on an initiative requiring significant investment in scalable web solutions. Start on a team with a fresh mission and opportunities to build new software. Our team demeanor: cool-headed, stable, inquisitive, honest, respectful. We avoid stress and crunch time with solid planning.
What You Will Do:
- Hear all voices and craft a plan. This means you talk to Engineers, Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Managers, and User Experience experts. Your plan includes technical design, milestones, and engineering estimates. It will be a blueprint for software impacting the face of farming.
- Provide technical guidance to external web teams, exchanging information with them. You let them know about company standards, best practices, architectural insights. They let you know what’s working and give you further ideas.
- Develop the foundational components that other web teams will use inside and outside of our company. Your development work will be on this shared framework, and your interaction with other web teams (described in previous points) will give you a stake in their web app deliverables.
- Write code in a modern, purposefully-chosen tech stack, including React, TypeScript, and Apollo/GraphQL.
- Work within a team of front end web specialists in a transparent and collaborative style, with careful attention to code reviews, test automation, and optimal implementation.
- Write code that immediately goes live after you merge it. Big hint: One of your interview questions is going to be: “how do you continuously deploy without releasing bugs?”
- In addition to writing code, your role requires deep cross-collaboration with various partners, including technical architects, designers, product managers, and data analysts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 6 - 8 years of software development experience, with some of it as a team lead (or other technical leadership role).
- Experience building enterprise web applications with React.
- Experience with modern CSS, including preprocessors.
- Experience with Git and common workflows and branching strategies used by teams.
- Experience with test development and tools like: Mocha, Jasmine, WebDriverIO, Jest.
- Experience developing and releasing code inside of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Experience working with non-engineering teams, e.g. Product and Design, to ship software and features.
- Advocate of web standards, accessibility and modern web development industry standards.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hack-a-thons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.