Intern: Product, Digital Crop Protection (Summer 2021)
The Climate Corporation is seeking a talented Product intern who contributes to the development of early stage digital products. You are to work closely with our Science team. We are a fast paced team with a fantastic evolving set of products, and you are someone who loves to pick things up quickly and contribute. This is a challenging and dynamic opportunity for someone who lives and breathes innovation.
What You Will Do:
- Be part of the Crop Protection (CP) product team creating data driven products to help farmers around the world in managing pests, weeds, and diseases
- Support data collection strategy for Science modeling
- Follow up with the Science team the CP data management status
- Partner with other Product Managers, researchers, and scientists to help accelerate our product development and prepare for alpha pilots
- Take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into useful products and valuable for our growers
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Agronomy or Data Science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate the product development process
- Experience in Agriculture
- Good understanding of the Ag industry including key customer segments and Crop Protection business
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Experience with Data Science and Geospatial Analysis
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]