Intern: Communications (Summer 2020)
The Climate Corporation seeks a motivated student to develop and implement internal and external communications, PR, media relations, and marketing tactics to support the Communications Team. A successful candidate should be an effective communicator with a passion for delivering excellent, organized work.
This position will report to the Senior Global Communications Manager and will have the opportunity for collaboration across many different departments and functions within The Climate Corporation. If you are passionate about developing marketing and communications materials and working for an innovative organization that is making a difference in the world, The Climate Corporation would love to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate public relations and media relations:
- Assist with media outreach, including outreach to leverage opportunities from media outlet editorial calendars
- Draft media interview briefing documents
- Draft media pitches
- Assist in coordinating media training sessions as needed
- Assist with digital tactics
- Track media placements and metrics and coordinate with PR agency on deliverables
- Draft media results reports for Climate leadership
- Track media interactions
- Coordinate speaking engagements:
- Draft speaking engagement briefing documents
- Coordinate updates to presentation library
- Assist with scheduling speaking opportunities
- Track speaking opportunities
- Coordinate internal communications:
- Assist with local St. Louis office employee meetings/networking events
- Assist with drafting and amplifying internal company news
- Coordinate events:
- Assist in drafting plans and content
- Assist with media coordination
- Assist with farmer customer coordination as needed
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program related to marketing, communications, or business
- Excellent writing and organization skills
- Strong creativity
- Previous internship experience
- Active in a club or on-campus organization related to marketing or communications
- Exposure to and passion for agriculture
- Time management experience and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.