Data Scientist - Deep Learning
The Climate Corporation is seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to contribute to an emerging research area, FieldView, with aims to identify and understand yield limiting factors as they relate to grower management practices, field environmental conditions, and crop genetics. The Climate Corporation leads the industry in connected acres, and the rapidly growing volume of on-farm data, in combination with other large data resources, are opening new opportunities to deploy advanced computational and machine learning methods to help farmers increase their productivity and improve the sustainability of their practices.
We seek a candidate with demonstrated experience in applying machine learning / deep learning skills to challenging problems. This position will involve working with diverse data resources, and will require the ability to not only apply learning techniques to data but to also identify, understand and communicate limitations surrounding data quality and/or quantity, as well as methodologies, to an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with the richest agricultural datasets available in the world to help growers meet the challenges of feeding a growing population.
What You Will Do:
- Design and prototype models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling in order to solve challenging analytics problems ranging from exploratory to highly applied
- Apply machine learning techniques to big data analysis
- Manipulate, transform, and analyze abstract data structures
- Select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for big data analysis
- Develop code to implement analysis workflows in a robust and reproducible fashion
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
- Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Computational Statistics, Applied Math or other physical science with a specialty in machine learning
- At least 1 year of industrial work or postdoctoral experience in Deep learning (DNN, CNN, RNN,ANN) and big data analytics
- Fully proficiency with Python, R, SQL, Linux/Unix
- Experience with database, data wrangling, statistical models, machine learning algorithms and their proper application to different data
- Basic knowledge of plant genomic, weather and environment data
- Experience with exploratory Big Data computing through the use of technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce, Spark/Scala
- Strong drive to learn new topics and skills and to develop innovative products for our customers
- Ability to implement new algorithms efficiently and rigorously
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realized in practice
- Strong analytical, effective and creative problem-solving ability to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex problem
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.