Manager, Science Data Pipeline
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with tools that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools and data analytics. We have a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to lead a team of engineers, analysts and data scientists who are at the ground floor in driving the digital transformation of agriculture. The leader of this team will manage and optimize complex new digital farming data sources, grower data sets and third-party data sets to ensure we have the foundational data needed to build our Digital Farming business. This role will partner with various teams across the broader Climate organization, Bayer R&D and Commercial to ensure successful execution of Science research into global value creating products for our customers.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with a variety of diverse research groups to understand their data needs, develop validated methods of data retrieval from relevant Climate and Bayer data systems and train teams in proper use of these tools.
- Evaluate the limitations of existing data sources and provide recommendations to address unmet data needs.
- Oversee team of engineers and data scientists that automates the ingestion, processing and transformation of multiple data sources into an “analysis ready” state for Science.
- Coordinate with production engineering and data analytics teams to ingest and process novel data when possible.
- Lead the team to develop reproducible and findable datasets from the fusion of Climate data with data from Bayer enterprise (Breeding, TD, Supply Chain, Field Solutions, MD, etc.).
- Leverage access to unprecedented amounts of Big Data to create insights for Science operations and farmer customers.
- Degree in a scientific or engineering field with at least 3 years of management of a technical or engineering team.
- Experience working and influencing in a cross-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in farming practices and application of digital ag technologies.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate as a member of an agile, high-performing team.
- Working knowledge of common design patterns and coding principles including data management, reproducibility etc..
- Highly adaptable and familiar with multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience architecting, designing, building and deploying complex software systems from scratch.
- Familiarity with Geospatial concepts
- Strong drive to learn new topics and skills and to develop innovative products for our customers
- Demonstrated success in enabling successful large scale research projects
- Experience operating in a matrixed research environment, comfortable with ambiguity and leading by influence
- Experience working with statisticians, software engineers, scientists with modeling expertise, field research, sensor science and hardware engineering
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.