Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning
The Climate Corporation's mission is to help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. We are looking for a senior machine learning scientist with strong machine learning and deep learning skills to join an interdisciplinary team of data scientists. We apply big data and cloud computing in concert with some of the richest agronomic datasets in the world including images, weather data, measurement sensors and farming data. You will help build robust machine learning models to analyze various types of data and deploy the models on different platforms such as edge devices and computing clouds. If you are interested in applying your skills in data science and machine learning to help farmers, The Climate Corporation would love to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Lead research projects to create curated datasets, formulate machine learning problems, and apply machine learning and computer vision techniques to solve real agronomic problems.
- Research and productionize state-of-the-art deep learning models, such as object detection, semantic segmentations, classification, sequence modeling etc.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other data scientists, agronomists, pathologists, engineers to deliver systems from prototyping to production level.
- Clearly communicate program direction and results to stakeholders across the organization, including science, engineering, business strategy, and product.
- M.S. +3 years of industry experience or PhD degree +1 years of industry experience with a focus on computer vision, machine learning or related fields.
- Strong knowledge on deep learning and hands-on experience in relevant projects.
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning framework such as Tensorflow, Pytorch and solid programming development skills (Python, Scala, etc).
- Experience in productionizing machine learning models and deploying models on different platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
- Research work/publications in applying deep learning methods to computer vision, speech, NLP or other applications.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning training on infrastructures and frameworks such as GPUs, Spark, distributed Tensorflow etc.
- Hands-on experience with model deployment in clouds and edge devices
- Agronomic knowledge is a plus
- Strong drive to learn new topics and skills, to develop innovative products for our customers, and build whatever is necessary along the way
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference