Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Climate is a mission-driven company engaged in the Digital Agriculture Revolution 4.0 helping farmers to grow food and feed a growing planet!
Are you driven to make a real-world impact while leveraging your skills in Python and AWS? Do you love designing and building highly efficient and robust software and infrastructure with a global reach? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love the chance to talk to you. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer to join our Operations Infrastructure Team and help us accelerate our scientists’ and engineers’ ability to innovate.
Our Operations Infrastructure team combines software and systems engineering to run large-scale fault-tolerant cloud-based systems. As a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you’ll ensure that Climate’s internal and external systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a rapid rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working extensively with AWS using ECS, IAM, Permissions, CloudFormation, R53, EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Working with Continuous Integration and Continous Deployment CI/CD) tools and principles like GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Containers and tools like ECS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Developing automation at scale using Python
- Flexing your communication skills, both written and oral
- Triage and pinpoint root causes of problems, then going the extra mile to work across teams to develop long-term solutions to those problems.
- 5+ years of experience in building automation tools in Python for AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, specifically Infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of microservices, containerization using Docker and orchestration using Kubernetes
- Assist in the sustained availability, performance, and security of Climate’s systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose service-related issues.
- Analyze data from production monitoring tools to determine areas of improvement, then design and implement the necessary changes
- Experience with distributed data platforms (e.g. DynamoDB/Aurora, Hadoop, PostGIS, ElasticSearch)
- Analyze software application operations, understand their strengths and weaknesses, and uncover opportunities for improvements
- Collaborate with development teams on infrastructure operations practices, continuous and automated deployments
- Develop automation and tools to increase operating efficiency
- Work within a 24/7 monitoring and support model, including on-call escalation point and incident management
- Ability to analyze varying stakeholder concerns, proactively influence and lead diverse groups to address operational concerns and build consensus
- Able to mentor junior Engineers
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Differencehttps://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers