Intellectual Property Specialist
Bayer Crop Science has created a dedicated Digital Farming Solutions unit. Unifying our digital farming and NBM capabilities under one cohesive strategy and centralized leadership team will improve global and regional alignment, bring us closer to farmers, and improve our value proposition with customers. External relationships and partnerships are fundamental to delivering the digital portfolio.
Seeking a dynamic Intellectual Property Specialist (non-attorney) who will focus on providing technical support in the maintenance of the trademark and patent dockets, research factual and legal issues, help draft filings and communications, and advise business partners on internal and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office practices. This individual will work with attorneys and business partners around the world and will support intellectual property needs across the enterprise. This role will work closely and collaboratively with professionals across Legal Affairs, Marketing and various lines of business as well as external intellectual property counsel.
This role is instrumental in creating and leading a cross-functional risk working group, providing risk intelligence to senior management, and advising strategic decision making. As the IP Specialist you will also act as an advisor to risk champions to build and implement strategies to optimize our risk positions. In this role, you will have an opportunity to partner broadly across the DFS and the Bayer family of businesses on various critical initiatives and contribute to a strong risk management foundation.
What You Will Do:
- Identify external and internal events that might impact the business, assess implications, and recommend approaches to mitigate resulting risks
- Assess losses for association to risk and processes, including determining if a control gap exists
- Develop a repeatable process for incident management and escalation
- Gather risk-related data from internal and external resources.
- Serve as a key coordinator for the Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
- Plan and contribute to the development of risk management systems
- Research and implement program changes based on Enterprise Risk Management trends and emerging practices.
- Work closely with the business leaders to provide advice and guidance on risk and process decisions; ensures ongoing operational risk-taking activities remain consistent with the ERM program parameters and all policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 10+ years minimum of experience in risk management, finance, corporate strategy, management consulting, audit compliance and mitigation, with a proven track record measured by increased responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout an organization, from senior executive to individual contributor level.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrative track record of strong presentation, writing, and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated competency with risk management concepts, identification, and mitigation.
- Must possess critical thinking skills to analyze issues and risks, conduct root cause analyses, and eventually determine effectiveness of issue remediation plans. This includes being able to comfortably challenge and defend his/her position in a professional manner with senior leaders.
- Ability to partner with other functions to assess organizational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Master degree in business, economics, or related field and/or consulting experience.
- Experience in the agricultural or digital technology industries
- Leadership experience in a technology focused environment, as well as experience working with senior leadership to define business improvement opportunities
- Ability to inspire trust and followership in others through pragmatism, business acumen, ability to communicate clear rationale, and active drive.
- Experience working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions, with IT and tech environment organizational and cross-functional awareness; knowledge of risk reporting and development of key risk indicators
- Experience presenting information that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].