Product Manager, New Business Models (Seed)
Product Manager, New Business Models (NBM) - Seed
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. We have an opportunity for a Product Manager to join our team to help create the world’s largest digital agriculture platform and ecosystem to bring new innovation and product offerings to farmers and enterprises.
Profound meaning in your work:
If you are looking for meaning and impact by solving a problem which will affect generations to come — we need your passion and grit. We have only begun to scratch the surface of how we can use Science, Technology and Design to modernize farming. You will be at the forefront of an industry which affects every human on earth.
Your Seat at the Table:
This role will be a critical part of The Climate Corporation’s Product team focused on shepherding digital ag concepts through a rigorous evaluation process to ensure the concepts will deliver value to the customer and company. This role will be focused on enabling Bayer business models, leveraging Climate science and FieldView functionality, and ultimately driving revenue of Bayer’s ag business.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and facilitate a number of interactions with technical and business stakeholder groups to evaluate the value potential ag product to the customer and the business;
- Ensure technical stakeholders are delivering on commitment made to the business;
- Communicate analysis progress and results to stakeholders
- Collaborates with the business to understand customer pain points/goals and helps them understand how existing capabilities to help achieve those goals;
- Drives, develops, and communicates Bayer New Business Model Program requirements and value proposition to enable new and existing pilots;
- Collaborates with Model PMs and Science to set capability requirements and feasibility;
- Collaborates with Intelligence & Analytics team if analysis required;
- Collaborates with Experimentation PM if/when FE SaaS required;
- Assists in quantifying and communicating the value of pilots with Climate and to BCS
- Define/Collect program metrics to ascertain program effectiveness to fuel changes and enhancements in future interactions of the pilot
- Experience in Data Science, Agronomy, Biology, or other science-related areas;
- Excellent team- and relationship-building abilities, with both internal and external parties (engineers, data scientists, business partners, etc.);
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and maintain a keen attention to detail;
- Natural tendency to be positive, creative, and curious;
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with others;
- Genuine empathy toward customers and commitment to diving into the weeds on their challenges;
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence cross-functional teams via diplomacy and tact;
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Experience in and passion for agriculture
- Experience, acumen, and interest in both STEM concepts and business principles
- Strong technical aptitude - no coding experience required, but understanding of technology stack is critical to success
- Self-starter with high level of agility to adapt to dynamic business needs
- Autonomy to uncover challenges and build solutions without a great deal of direction; comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].